The SOLO Award is an annual opportunity open to contemporary UK based artists of any age, working in any medium. The winner receives a prominent SOLO exhibition, £1000 prize money and considerable exposure.
With a focus that stretches further than new graduates, the SOLO Award recognises that artists can be producing exciting work at any age and any stage of their career. The SOLO Award deliberately distances itself from unhelpful and limiting tags such as 'young' and 'emerging', but welcome submissions from anyone aged 18 - 108.
- Prize: Solo exhibition at London Art Fair 2016 + £1000 cash
- Deadline for applications: midnight 31st May 2015.
- Interviews with shortlisted artists: 23 June 2015.
- Contemporary UK-based artists of any age, working in any medium are eligible to apply.
- Application fee: £25 GBP
- Website: http://www.wilsonwilliamsgallery.com/solo-2015.html
- Danielle Arnaud (Danielle Arnaud Contemporary Art);
- Fedja Klikovac (Handel Street Projects);
- Sarah Monk (Director London Art Fair)
- Amba Sayal-Bennett (winner 2014 SOLO Award);
- Panel chair: Chiara Williams (WW Contemporary Art)
- Application via an online form and a maximum of 5 images or multimedia links.
- No CV, no statement, (further info will only be required for interviews)
- Contemporary artists of all nationalities aged 18 or over, living or working in the UK & ROI
- There is no set theme; work should be representative of your practice or process.
- Media can include painting, sculpture, installation, performance, video, audio, drawing, collage, printmaking, digital, photography, mixed media, have we missed anything? That too.
- There is no size restriction on works.
- In the July - December 2015 period, between the winner being announced and the London Art Fair opening, the winning artist is expected to develop upon their existing/submitted work to create new content for their SOLO exhibition
- Questions relating to the SOLO Award should only be sent to: email@example.com, or they will not be considered.
- Helpline: +44 (0)7519646508
- Please read full Terms & Conditions before applying.
For more information and to apply: http://www.wilsonwilliamsgallery.com/solo-2015.html