The first workshop in Redeye's Career Development series gives an overview of the essentials for anyone interested in working professionally in photographic practice, and introduces the rest of the series.
- What does the photographic market look like, and what are the possibilities and options for building your career?
- What are the hallmarks of a successful photographer?
- Should you mix up your work, or concentrate on one thing?
- Critical areas of knowledge for business survival, and sources of help and support.
- Twenty top tips for moving forward, and an outline of the subsequent Redeye career development workshops.
The workshop is delivered by Redeye's director, Paul Herrmann.
Redeye’s career development workshops provide essential, cutting edge information on building your photographic career and business. They run from Oct 2014 to April 2015.
All Sessions take place at Manchester Central Library, St. Peters Square, Manchester, M2 5PD.
The workshops are aimed at any photographer or artist who is considering, or has recently started, working professionally, selling their work, collaborating with others, or who wants their work to be seen more widely and taken more seriously. They look in detail at the key business and professional requirements of practicing photographers. Led by a range of experts from the world of photography, the arts and creative industries, this series fills the knowledge gaps to make sure you are given the very best information and guidance to support your creative careers.
For more information on the workshops, please click here.