We are pleased to announce TPWM has been successful in its bid to Arts Council England for 2014-16.
We would like to thank Arts Council England, Birmingham City University and the organisations that support and work with us.
Our plans and priorities for 2014-16:
- Support for Artists - To raise the profile of artists in the region and provide increased opportunities for artists at all stages in their careers.
- TPWM will continue to enable new introductions, broker opportunities and raise the profile of artists and the visual arts by working with existing and new partners.
- TPWM will continue as a hub for debate and will contribute to the national debate through the Contemporary Visual Art Network (CVAN).
- New Art West Midlands - TPWM will continue to work with a strong network of universities and galleries in developing what is now a major annual event.
- Artist Development In response to what artists have told us TPWM will join with organisations to provide more regular sessions for a greater number of artists region-wide, to include:
- A portfolio of business training events tailored to visual artists with university and gallery partners, involving artists as trainers.
- A tailored programme (through application) of studio visits by curators, residencies and research visits for artists.
- International Residency. TPWM aims to set up a new international Artist residency with partner organisations.
- Artist Minigraphs offering opportunities for new writers.
- TPWM Website and News and Opportunities e-bulletin
Turning Point West Midlands is a strategic network for the region and is part of the national Contemporary Visual Arts Network set up to strengthen the visual arts in England. TPWM is hosted by Birmingham City University.