Turning Point West Midlands and The New Art Gallery Walsall: Artist Development Opportunities in the West Midlands
Turning Point West Midlands with The New Art Gallery Walsall and representatives of artist-led spaces in Stoke, Coventry, Worcester, Wolverhampton and Birmingham have put together an Artist Development programme for 2012-13 for visual artists in the West Midlands.
- Offers a broad spectrum of opportunities for practitioners at different levels.
- Offers an essential overview of Artist Development opportunities across the West Midlands.
- Is shared and owned by representatives from artist collectives, universities and local authorities and draws on collective expertise.
- Is led by The New Art Gallery Walsall, an organisation with a strong track record in artist development.
The Director of the New Art Gallery Walsall, Stephen Snoddy:
‘There are strong and vibrant artist collectives and networks across the region and we will work with them to create new opportunities for artists through the Artist Development programme and thereare real opportunities to work closely with universities and local authorities to support a considered artist development programme that is region wide.’
These pages offer links to workshops in business skills, in being self-employed, to peer networks such as Coventry Contemporary Arts Forum, and Extra Special People, Wolverhampton Contemporary Art Forum, and Worcester Arts Partnership, and others.
TPWM also creates Artist Development opportunities through its other projects:
- Partner Residencies (x 4)
- Artist Bursary for Critical Writing - lead by Grand Union
- New Art West Midlands – BA/MA Showcase with 5 partner Universities - led by Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery and the Barber Institute
- TPWM free bi-monthly Artist News & Opportunities e-Bulletin
Further details will be posted on the TPWM and NAGW websites and in the TPWM News & Opportunities Bulletin - you can subscribe here: http://www.tpwestmidlands.org.uk/artist-development-overview/